La Perla, Puerto Rico it's really dangerous? more details here! @ Sylvette Travels

 


Welcome to my blog Sylvette Travels here you will read my first experience as a Puerto Rican native and living in the Island of Puerto Rico. What do I think about; La Perla and what you should expect about it.

La Perla is a neighborhood from Old San Juan but with a unique history that you will not find anywhere in Puerto Rico. Thanks to the song Despacito La Perla is now a tourist place to visit. La Perla history is a community back in time as a favela it was a requirement that the slave and the cemetery was on the outside area from San Juan.

Then it was a settlement from the farmers they have to fight for their reputation all this time and finally the song Despacito broke that barriers now La Perla still have his rules inside no camera allowed only in the Tourist areas. Be respectful apply the rules and enjoy La Perla at Old San Juan, Puerto Rico.


What area you can visit?

When you walk the stairs no one is going to stop you. From this point the entrance do not used you camera or cellphone then at the end of the stair go at your left from there you will find Murals painted follow that path. You will arrive at the center in there you will find people selling food and some beer restaurants all do I do no eat or drink in there it's your choice. Keep walking and you will find the big letters that said I love La Perla the one in the upper photo.

Do Not Wonder La Perla

Do Not Wonder & Take Photos or Videos you will be quickly be stop and your life will be in danger.

Don't go at Night

Respect the Community everyone knows each others and they know you are not from here.



What is the Positive aspect of La Perla

As a community they want the people that visit La Perla feel the love that they have as well. Know there is a area for tourist and locals to visit but only that area. The people from La Perla was very helpful giving me directions and also a kind men help me on taking a photo to my friend Maureen and Me.

People have paint Murals to make La Perla more unique also you will find famous faces from singer from Puerto Rico and Cuba. I was so happy visiting for the first time in my life to seen La Perla it took me 40yrs.

If you love Murals visit La Perla !



LA PERLA YOUTUBE VIDEO
click the photo to see the video


Thank You for reading my Blog!
Sylvette Travels