What to do in Aruba - Cruise Day in Oranjestad by Sylvette Travels

 Welcome to Aruba a Dutch Island from the Caribbean.

This is my second time visiting Aruba I went on the Adventure of the Seas in 2009 and now I went on the NCL Epic 2023. I made a video on my youtube channel about the City of Oranjestad you will find it downbelow. For more info about Puerto Rico check my travel guides.



When we walk out the Aruba Cruise Port you will find the City of Oranjestad in front of you. It's a easy to walk but the sun is harsh so be prepared with sunblock, hat and water. If you walk the area from your left side you will find the letters of I LOVE ARUBA then we walk back to our right and you find a open mini mall you can see it on my video in youtube.

Does Aruba is safe to walk?

I walk with my husband and I did not see nothing out of normal no one offer me drugs or ask for money. I did walk with my phone free so I guess to say "it's safe". At night I was not there maybe that's another story. There are few people giving you flyers on the street just ignore them.


How do I get to the beach?

You can pay a tour outside the port or you can take the yellow buses those are when you get out of the Cruise Port to your left at the very end you will see it.

Top 5 Beaches in Aruba:

1.Surfside Beach

2.Palm Beach

3.Boca Catalina Beach

4.Arashi Beach

5.Flamingo Beach where you can see real Flamingos in there.



Museum Archeological of Aruba

Things to do in Aruba are the shopping, nightlife, art and culture, tour and dining. We took this Streetcar Systems was a very short drive and it was free it only goes around the area close to the Cruise Pier.


I walk the City of Oranjestad they have a lot of stores, the money that they use is Florin & Dutch but they do also have USA money. They do the conversions on their computers at the store.

Aruba is also name a ONE HAPPY ISLAND people are really friendly there. If you want to travel by airplane and stay more time also is considered one of the best Island to get Married.


If you want to visit the desert of Aruba you can rent a car and drive to the most hot area from Aruba. This is the Bushiribana Gold Mill Ruins also in the desert you will find a Lighthouse, Mini Antique Church and more..


Aruba Natural Wonders to Visit
:


1.Natural Bridge
2.Fontein Caves
3.Bushiribana Gold Mill Ruins (Upper photo)
4.Bubali Bird Sanctuary
5.Arikok National Park

Aruba is so beautiful that you will need 4 to 5 days to see most of it. I have travel twice and on my next trip I will visit the Flamingo Beach I think that is a highlight in Aruba. Check my other blog post & Videos from the next Dutch Island; Bonaire and Curacao.


ARUBA YOUTUBE VIDEO

Click the photo to see the video




ARUBA PRO CATHEDRAL 

ST. FRANCISCO DI ASIS


Thank You for reading my Blog!

Sylvette Travels